OSBA Mission Statement
THE OHIO STATE BEEKEEPERS ASSOCIATION SERVES BEEKEEPERS IN OHIO AND IS ASSOCIATED WITH OTHER ORGANIZATIONS WHO HAVE AN INTEREST IN BEEKEEPING.
- Provide our membership with current beekeeping information and represent them when beekeeping issues arise in Columbus and at the Department of Agriculture.
- Provide our membership with a quarterly newsletter.
- Provide our members with OSBA discounts to major beekeeping magazines.
- Provide a yearly Fall educational meeting.
- Support other beekeeping organizations in the state of Ohio by providing speakers, and publishing information about their activities in our newsletter.
- Support the 4-H project in Ohio. Any 4-H member working on a beekeeping project can get on our mailing list for our newsletter. Some OSBA members also serve as mentors to these young people.
- Support our Ohio State University bee programs — research and extension.
The tradition of beekeeping history in Ohio is reflected in the membership and past membership of OSBA. Ohio, the home of the A.I. Root Company and final resting place for L. L. Langstroth and A.I. Root is proud of its role in this tradition. Ohio State University continues to lead in honey bee research and beekeeping extension. While the state no longer has the largest bee-supply manufacturer in the world or sends out more queens than any other state, we still have some of the best beekeepers in the world. We are pleased that you are visiting our pages.