OSBA Nominating Committee
The Nominating Committee contacts, via email, candidates running for open positions, asking for biographical information by answering six questions. The committee uses this information to inform the general membership as to who the candidates are and what qualifications they would bring to the position they are running for. The candidates’ responses will be available through a link on the website prior to the elections at the Fall Conference. The candidates’ responses will be posted in their original format, unedited and uncensored.
The positions that were open for elections:
- OSBA Vice-President
- OSBA Treasurer
- OSBA Director of Erie Basin
- OSBA Director of Maumee Valley
- OSBA Director of Top of Ohio
- OSBA Director of Heart of Ohio
- OSBA Director of Ohio Valley
- OSBA Director of Buckeye Hills
OSBA Officer Nomination
Download the OSBA Nomination Form here.
Please return the completed nomination form to Election Committee Chair
Seeking Board Members
- Nominee Application
- Nominee Bio
- A nominee background check (only required of those nominees with access to the OSBA checking/savings/Certificates of Deposit)
Questions candidates are to answer:
- How long has the nominee been involved in Ohio beekeeping?
- What beekeeping clubs and organizations is the nominee a member of?
- List the beekeeping activities and achievements the nominee has participated in or received?
- What qualifications does the nominee bring to the position?
- Have you read the constitution and understand the position for which the individual is being nominated?
- Please attach a short bio, personal photo, and any additional information that may assist in describing the individual’s skills.
OSBA Award Nomination
The OSBA Conference Committee will be accepting candidate applications by OSBA membership. Members that would like to nominate an individual for an award are asked to write of letter of recommendation about the nominee, a biography, and what award they would recommend.
Please return the completed nomination form(s)
The awards currently available are:
- Beekeeper of the Year –“Awarded to an Ohio individual who promotes beekeeping within the community and encourages collaboration and cooperation among other beekeepers, clubs, and organizations.”
- Propolis Award –“Awarded to an Ohio individual who goes above and beyond expectations in bringing and holding together the beekeeping community.”
- Lifetime Achievement Award –“Awarded to an Ohio individual that has exhibited lifetime achievements that made positive effects to the entire beekeeping community.”
- Hall of Fame – “Awarded to an Ohio individual for substantial achievements and contributions to the beekeeping world in their lifetime.“
Questions that nominees should fulfill:
- What activities has this person been involved with that qualify him/her for the nomination?
- What positive outcomes for the Ohio beekeeping community have resulted from this person’s actions?
- How does this person set an example for the beekeeping community?
- Please attach at least 3 letters of recommendation.