Youth Scholarship Program
The 2023 scholarships have already been awarded. The applications for 2024 scholarships will open in July 2023.
Scholarship Information for 2023 Applicants
The number of scholarships available per year will vary based on the number of available funds and donations. The number will be posted each year on the OSBA website. For 2022 there will be 10 scholarships available: 5 designated for 4-H and 5 designated for FFA
Ohio State Beekeepers Association supports new young beekeepers through our Youth Scholarship Program. We realize that the success of a new beekeeper is not reliant on the student's work and money alone, but on the partnership's effort. Thus, the Youth Scholarship Program encourages the participation of the parents/guardians, 4-H/FFA Ohio advisers, local Ohio associations, and mentors.
While the document below explains the program guidelines in detail, here is a quick overview:
- Students must be between the ages of 12 and 18 by January 1st of the scholarship year (2023), be a member of 4-H / FFA, and enrolled in public, private or home school.
- The applicants must complete and return the application by Sunday, September 25th, 2022.
- The selection committee will carefully consider each candidate and select the finalists on the completion of their application.
- The OSBA Youth Scholarship winners will be announced on Saturday, October 8th, 2022.
The selected Partnership Program Scholars will receive:
- Woodenware and tools for two hives (see attached document)
- 1 – year free membership to the OSBA, with an electronic newsletter
- 1 – year subscription to American Bee Journal
- 1 – year subscription to Bee Culture
- OSBA Beekeeper Training DVD
- OSBA Apiary Diagnostic Manual
- Free attendance at the OSBA Fall Convention (including 2 guests)
Download the 2023 Program Documents and Application. If you have any questions, please contact the OSBA Youth Scholarship Program by email at or call 419.438.7335. Completed applications are due by Sunday, September 25, 2022.
To find a local association in your area see https://ohiostatebeekeepers.org/local-associations/
Download the application; please click: Youth Scholarship Application